Job Posting: Librarian, Dept of Veterans Affairs, Erie, PA
Department:Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency:Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Job Announcement Number:VN-14-DLL-1009257
|$57,408.00 to $74,628.00 / Per Year|
|Friday, December 13, 2013 to Thursday, December 19, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time – Permanent|
|1 vacancy in the following location:
Erie, PA View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens|
|Public Trust – Background Investigation|
Vacancy ID: 1009257
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln’s promise – “To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan” – by serving and honoring the men and women who are America’s Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) needs employees who possess the energy, compassion, and commitment to serve those who served our Country. Whatever the job title, every position in VA will give you a chance to make a meaningful and personal contribution to the lives of truly special and deserving people – our Veterans. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. Working for VA is one of the most emotionally satisfying and professionally rewarding ways to dedicate the best within you to your Country’s service.
If you are transitioning from the military or a Veteran already, we invite you to explore the benefits of continuing your career at the VA. The VA is committed to hiring Veterans. The VA is much more than just another employer. It is an honorable, open and welcoming community of those who care. Gratitude is our motivation and service is our mission.
The VA has adopted Core Values and Characteristics that apply universally across the Department. The five Core Values define “who we are,” our culture, and how we care for Veterans, their families and other beneficiaries. The Values areIntegrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect and Excellence (“I CARE”).
America’s Veterans need you! To find out more, go to http://www.va.gov/jobs/.
- Not Required
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this job.
- You may be required to serve a probationary period.
Back to top
As subject-matter expert, the librarian manages and is responsible for all aspects of knowledge-based databases, online and print informational resources, and the physical space of the Library for healthcare professionals of the Erie VA Medical Center, Erie Pennsylvania. Major duties include but are not limited to:
- Manages a collection of evidence-based electronic resources to assure content and accuracy and access for providers responsible for patient care;
- Conducts online evidence-based research/reference on request;
- Executes electronic borrowing and loaning of resources (interlibrary loan);
- Maintains and submits annual statistics;
- Prepares electronic bibliographies on request;
- Instructs users on how and where to find relevant information and how to assess its quality;
- Monitors and evaluates database use, including contracted vendor performance, analyzing results for future planning;
- Maintains online and print resource records;
- Conducts regular needs assessment, tracks user satisfaction using a variety of mechanisms (results are used for planning services and adjustments);
- Prepares and manages program budget;
- Markets evidence-based resources to healthcare providers;
- Stays abreast of emerging technologies and resources for potential enhancements to available resources;
- Participates in professional development activities, formal and informal; and
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday; 8:00AM – 4:30PM