Job Posting: Librarian, Montgomery College, Takoma Park/Silver Spring, MD
Montgomery College Libraries have a need for a full-time Librarian, position #S03617. Work schedule is Monday – Friday, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. with some evening/weekend work.
Salary: $58,926.40 – $79,705.60
Job Summary: Montgomery College has over 50,000 students, faculty and staff, including a robust workforce development program, expanding STEM and health/life sciences programs, and new construction of a hospital, bioscience education center, and science building.
The Montgomery College Libraries support student success via a four library system across 3 campuses. The incumbent is principally based at the Takoma Park/Silver Spring campus and engages in all aspects of an academic public services librarian’s responsibilities, with an emphasis on supporting the information needs of users. The Librarian provides reference, information, instructional, and outreach services to College and community patrons via face to face and electronic means. The Librarian assists with the development of the digital and tangible collections for the four Montgomery College Libraries, with an emphasis on health and life sciences. The Librarian is active in the Libraries? expanding assessment and programming efforts, gathering and implementing findings from the Libraries’ ethnographic and participatory design project, and in developing services to meet the needs of 21st century clientele.
- Master’s degree in library science from an ALA accredited institution.
- Minimum of three years of progressively responsible professional library experience in a functional area or specialized services in academic, research, special, or public library.
- Knowledge of current trends and new developments in public services and relevant library systems.
- Experience conducting reference/instruction to undergraduates majoring in the sciences.
- Experience creating and crafting reference/instructional materials for STEM disciplines.
- Experience building and managing electronic and tangible STEM library collections.
- Experience working with STEM faculty.
- Strong verbal, written and analytical skills.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Professional level experience working in public services in an academic library.
- Understanding of Life Sciences/Health Sciences research and clinical processes as demonstrated by academic or work experience.
- Familiarity with utilization of emerging technologies applicable to a library setting.
- Strong project management skills
*To view the job posting, please use the following link:
- Online applications must be received by, Monday, January 13, 2014.
- The application process includes 10 steps.
- Step 10 is a Summary of your information. You can update and edit information up to the closing date for the receipt of applications for a specific job announcement.
- For consideration, you must:
- include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
- complete a set of pre-screening questions (Step 4);
- e-sign your application (Step 9)
- failure to complete the pre-screening questions or to e-sign your application will automatically result in your elimination from consideration for this position
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Completion of a background check.
- Participation in a retirement plan.
- Submission of an official transcript of an earned degree.
Montgomery College has endless possibilities!
Note: This recruitment effort can take 6-12 weeks (from the deadline date) to fill.
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free workplace.
Montgomery College is a dynamic, diverse institution, with students from over 170 countries, located in a diverse county of nearly one million residents. Montgomery College is committed to equal opportunity.