Job Posting: Librarian (Medical Services), Topeka, KS
Job Title: Librarian (Medical Services)
Department: Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency: Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Job Announcement Number:VX-14-MZA-1038330
|$57,408.00 to $74,628.00 / Per Year|
|Monday, February 10, 2014 to Friday, February 14, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time – Permanent|
|1 vacancy in the following location:
Topeka, KS View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens|
|Public Trust – Background Investigation|
Vacancy ID: 1038330
DUTY LOCATION MAY BE LOCATED AT: TOPEKA, KS OR LEAVENWORTH, KS (Some travel to the other campus will be required)
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln’s promise – “To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan” – by serving and honoring the men and women who are America’s Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) needs employees who possess the energy, compassion, and commitment to serve those who served our Country. Whatever the job title, every position in VA will give you a chance to make a meaningful and personal contribution to the lives of truly special and deserving people – our Veterans. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. Working for VA is one of the most emotionally satisfying and professionally rewarding ways to dedicate the best within you to your Country’s service. If you are transitioning from the military or a Veteran already, we invite you to explore the benefits of continuing your career at the VA. The VA is committed to hiring Veterans.
The VA is much more than just another employer. It is an honorable, open and welcoming community of those who care. Gratitude is our motivation and service is our mission.
The VA has adopted Core Values and Characteristics that apply universally across the Department. The five Core Values define “who we are,” our culture, and how we care for Veterans, their families and other beneficiaries. The Values areIntegrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect and Excellence (“I CARE”).
America’s Veterans need you! To find out more, go to http://www.va.gov/jobs/.
- Occasional Travel
- Travel between campus Topeka & Leavenworth
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this job.
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Background investigation may be required.
Back to top
The Librarian (Medical Sciences) will be working at the VA Eastern Kansas Healthcare System, Topeka, KS. This position is located in the Education Service Line.
Major duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Prepare reports including statistical summaries; usage reviews inventories, current listing, and other reports as required.
- Develop and carry out plans to promote information resources and knowledge services to diverse populations.
- Maintain professional affiliations in order to keep abreast of library developments and trends, of developments advancements in the technical and medical audiovisual field, and of publishers, book dealers, and audiovisual procedures.
- Locate sources of supply and full bibliographic information (e.g. author, titter publisher, edition, series, and date) and costs.
WORK SCHEDULE: MONDAY – FRIDAY 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
AGENCY CONTACT INFO: