Job posting: Librarian, National Defense University, Fort McNair, Washington DC
Department: Department of Defense
Agency: National Defense University
Number of Job Opportunities & Location(s): 1 vacancies – Fort McNair, District of Columbia
Salary: $89,924.00 to $116,901.00 / Per Year
Series and Grade: GS-1410-13
Open Period: Tuesday, November 4, 2014 to Tuesday, November 25, 2014
Position Information: Permanent – Full-Time
Who May Apply: United States Citizens
- The senior reference librarian exercises a high degree of independent judgment, initiative, direction and technical responsibility in planning, directing and accomplishing the library’s reference functions.
- Provides comprehensive research, reference advisory, evaluative and instructional services to the students, faculty and staff of the National Defense University, as well as other DOD, executive office and congressional officials, in their national and International missions.
- Manages the daily operations of the reference and research program on both campuses of the NDU Library, and serves as the point of contact for reference and research related information and training for all reference librarians, as well as other staff members, other library staffs, senior librarians and researchers.
- Serves as the senior research subject specialist for a wide assortment of disciplines and in searching the broad range of current and retrospective materials in a variety of formats including, but not limited to military; defense; foreign affairs; international relations; industrial mobilization; joint operations; technical reports and documents; government publications; management; geopolitics; economics; history; law; computer science;, current events and technology.
- Responds to requests requiring difficult and comprehensive searches for information through the use of both primary and secondary sources, current and retrospective sources, ephemeral materials and information not readily available in published form.
- Plans for the development, organization and management of materials in the reference, general, and government documents collections and oversees management of all format and subject areas.
For more information and to apply, please visit https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/385679100