Job posting: Medical Librarian/Information Specialist I, Plymouth Meeting, PA
ECRI Institute seeks an experienced Medical Librarian/Information Specialist I to join the growing Custom Response Team of our Health Technology Assessment division.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Intensive biomedical database and Web searching (PubMed, EMBASE, CINAHL, The Cochrane Library, ECRI Guidelines Trust, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, U.S. Food and Drug Administration, etc.) on multiple platforms (PubMed, Embase.com, OVID, EBSCOhost, Wiley, etc.)
* Search strategy construction, assessment, refinement, and maintenance
* Communicating with Member Services staff to define topics and the scope of searches
* Managing projects through research, writing, and editing phases to ensure timely delivery of client reports
* Documenting search strategies and results according to ECRI Institute guidelines
* A graduate degree in information/library science
* Demonstrated searching experience in major biomedical databases
* The ability to multitask in a deadline-driven environment
* Excellent written, oral communication and problem solving skills
* The ability to work collaboratively with multidisciplinary staff
The ideal candidate will be familiar with principles of evidence-based medicine, MeSH, and have previous experience with citation management systems (EndNote, Reference Manager). Prior experience in a healthcare environment and experience writing, editing, and formatting documentation for publication is also desired.
About ECRI Institute’s Custom Response Service
ECRI Institute’s Health Technology Assessment Information Service produces custom rapid review reports that serve as guides to the published literature on specific devices, drugs, and medical procedures. These reports are requested by clients and customized to meet their specific information needs. Prepared by librarians and research analysts, the reports describe how a certain technology is used, with analytical text and comprehensive literature searches to showcase the latest medical evidence. We maintain over 1,200 unique topics in our Web-based report library, which is updated on a daily basis. Our clients include an international group of third-party insurance providers, hospitals, health systems, medical device manufacturers, government agencies and ministries of health.
To be considered further for this opportunity, interested candidates must apply directly to our website:
Medical Librarian/Information Specialist I | https://www.ecri.org/careers/