Job Posting: Medical Librarian MVHS (Utica, NY)
Medical Librarian MVHS (Utica, NY)
Please apply here: https://careers.mvhealthsystem.org/ (search medical librarian)
Hello! We are recruiting for a Medical Librarian position for the Mohawk Valley Health System (MVHS) in Utica, NY. This is a full-time, on-site position that will be working in our three libraries at the following locations: Faxton-St. Luke’s Healthcare/St. Luke’s Campus,
St. Elizabeth Medical Center and St. Elizabeth College of Nursing. We are looking for an enthusiastic, collaborative, friendly and out-going librarian who is passionate about librarianship and who enjoys working with physicians, nurses, faculty, residents, students, health personnel, administration providing library services at each of the libraries. Be a part of the amazing change that will be happening here as we build our new hospital downtown and add a clinical educational campus with more medical students and residency programs in two year’s time. Come be a part of the new and exciting opportunities that await us here!
This position will be working in the library at the following three sites providing library services and being the librarian on site:
Faxton-St. Luke’s Healthcare/St. Luke’s Campus, St. Elizabeth Medical
Center and the St. Elizabeth College of Nursing. This will be on a
five day rotational schedule. Additional travel may be required to
different sites at MVHS and beyond for archival work, meetings, education, training, etc.
Hours: M- F, 4 shifts of 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m, 1 shift of 10 a.m. –
6 p.m; other hours as needed will be assigned per business need.
- Responsible for day to day running of library site working at: providing reference, research, database searching, ILL services and maintaining the site. You will be the library representative on site working with physicians, nurses, faculty, residents, students, and other personnel. Performing out-reach, training/classes, answering questions, etc.
- Responsible for all ILL activities for MVHS. Coordinating use of DOCLINE, OCLC for the libraries. Keeping copyright/statistics/records. Updating SERHOLD, OCLC, DOCLINE as necessary. Reporting to Director weekly of system updates, and news, statistics and any needed improvements.
- Monitor and maintain TDNet Library Resource Page and College of Nursing Moodle library resources so that is it the library resources are current, accessible, links work. Materials appropriate. Work with vendors. Maintain MVHS Intranet Library page and MVHS Library Web page with help of Web Master. Monitor and maintain currency of links, materials, accessibility, etc. Collaborate with Library Director on new ideas, improvements and uses for our electronic resources.
- Assists Director, Library Services to develop policies, quality initiatives, and other projects for the department in expanding services, resources, grants, archives, budgets, etc.
- Provides reference, research, database services (including PubMed, CINAHL and other biomedical, nursing, psychological, dental, business and other databases) in an appropriate, timely manner. Teaches/presents/informs/creates electronic and other methods to inform users on use of libraries’ electronic resources.
- Shows initiative, collaboration, teamwork, flexibility and above is communicative. . Gets involved, problem-solves, finds solutions, asks questions, asks for help, creative and inquisitive. Someone who can work independently and be self-motivated. A good sense of humor is a plus! Looking for someone who Is passionate about being a librarian and loves what they do, and wants to continue to learn, grow and develop their skills and knowledge of their profession. Someone who can write/learn to write grants, find new ideas.
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills to deal effectively with our diverse population and clientele. Inquisitive, solve problems, ask questions and find answers, be creative. Experienced working with working with physicians, nurses, faculty, residents, students, hospital personnel and administration, patients and families, public and vendors. Should have experience with and enjoy working with residents and students.
- Assists with the Archival Collection.
- Attends meetings at MVHS and beyond as the library representative.
- This position answers administratively to the Director, Library Services.
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed and assigned.
Mohawk Valley Health System (MVHS): Faxton St. Luke’s Healthcare
(FSLH) and St. Elizabeth Medical Center (SEMC) affiliated as the Mohawk Valley Health System (MVHS) in March 2014. MVHS serves the geographic area of Oneida, Herkimer and Madison counties and is an integrated
delivery system. The St. Elizabeth College of Nursing is a part of
MVHS Medical Libraries: https://www.mvhealthsystem.org/libraries
St. Elizabeth College of Nursing: https://www.secon.edu/
Location: Utica, NY (Central NY): We are a very ethnically diverse
small city. We are located 50 miles west of Syracuse and 150 miles east of Albany. Close to metro areas: NYC or Boston are about 4 hours. Both Syracuse and Albany have airports, while Utica has train/bus connections. For a small city, we offer a lot culturally with museums, music, a zoo, art, festivals and some great restaurants. We are close to mountains and lakes.
I will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Halyna Liszczynskyj, BS, MLS
Director, Library Services
Mohawk Valley Health System
Faxton-St. Luke’s Healthcare
St. Elizabeth Medical Center
St. Elizabeth College of Nursing
Cell: (315) 272-9552
SEMC Library: 8-5, T/F – (315) 801-8381
FSLH Library: 8-5, Th – (315) 624-6059
SECON Library: 8-5 M, 10-6 W – (315) 801-8209