Job Posting: Online Education and Outreach Librarian, Loyola University, Maywood, IL
Loyola University Chicago is a nationally recognized urban university founded in 1870 in the Jesuit, Catholic tradition. The Health Sciences Library located in Maywood, IL, supports nursing, medical, and graduate biomedical education.
This is a great opportunity for a dynamic, creative, and service-oriented librarian to serve as Online Education and Outreach Librarian on a vibrant and growing health sciences campus. The successful candidate will:
* work collaboratively with the Health Sciences library and other faculty in applying adult learning theory to the development of learner-centered asynchronous, hybrid and onsite library instruction and assessment that promotes information literacy/mastery and technology fluency
* demonstrate proficiency with instructional technology and/or design experience in developing online tutorials and other learning objects with Adobe Creative Suite, Audacity, and Camtasia.
* demonstrate knowledge of web design, familiarity with various online learning environments including Sakai, working knowledge of Adobe connect and other video conferencing systems for distance education.
* demonstrate proficiency in adult education and apply those skills to information literacy/mastery and identify and implement current best practices
* possess an ALA-accredited MLS or Masters in Educational Technology, Curriculum Design, or Adult Learning
* demonstrate flexibility, a sense of humor, and a strong commitment to outstanding customer service
This position reports to the Associate Director. Loyola University Chicago benefits package includes tuition remission. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. Please complete the application herewww.careers.luc.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=56637 and include names of three references. Salary is available upon request
Loyola is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer/educator and is committed to a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.