Opening for Librarian Assistant/Intern Position, Bethesda MD
ICF International assists the National Library of Medicine’s Disaster Information Management Research Center (http://disasterinfo.nlm.nih.gov/) with a variety of activities and is looking for a Librarian Assistant/Intern to work part-time (up to 24 hours) during the 2014 spring semester and full-time (40 hours) in the 2014 summer months. This is an exciting learning opportunity and experience for a library and information school student in the emerging field of disaster health information. The position allows flexible hours/days to accommodate student’s schedule.
- Selection, data entry, and maintenance for disaster medicine and public health grey literature database, http://disasterlit.nlm.nih.gov/
- Web page link review and selection of resources for disaster health topic pages
- Web site update and maintenance using TeamSite content management system (experience with TeamSite not required but HTML, CSS and CMS experience highly desirable)
- Formatting documents and websites to comply with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (experience desirable but not required)
- Assist in working with partners, collaborators and audiences
- By responding to inquiries
- Scheduling, planning, and attending meetings
- Corresponding via phone or email
- Testing and review of disaster health databases and mobile applications
- Opportunities to test training materials and participate in disaster health information continuing education classes
- Possible opportunities to attend meetings and interact with disaster medicine and public health professionals and librarians
- Listserv management
- Social media monitoring and message management
- Must be currently enrolled or a recent graduate of an accredited MLS program.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills. Writing sample required.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office products
- Background in science, public health, allied health, emergency management desirable, but not required.
- Ability to work within a team environment and contribute to consensus-based decision making
- Ability to identify, analyze, and solve problems creatively and independently
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and shift priorities as directed
- Able to efficiently work in fast paced environment with team members
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with people at every level
- General computer and email skills
About ICF International:
ICF International (NASDAQ:ICFI) partners with government and commercial clients to deliver professional services and technology solutions in the energy and climate change; environment and infrastructure; health, human services, and social programs; and homeland security and defense markets. The firm combines passion for its work with industry expertise and innovative analytics to produce compelling results throughout the entire program life cycle, from research and analysis through implementation and improvement. Since 1969, ICF has been serving government at all levels, major corporations, and multilateral institutions. More than 4,500 employees serve these clients worldwide. ICF’s Web site is http://www.icfi.com/.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF International is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/D/V
For a listing of other career opportunities at ICF, please visit our Career Center at www.icfi.com/careers/
Go to http://www.icfi.com/careers, select Career Opportunities, and apply directly to job number 1400001319