Job Posting: Opportunity at the NIH Library: Writer-Editor
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) Library is pleased to announce an employment opportunity for exceptional candidates to serve as:
Writer-Editor (one vacancy, GS-1082-12/13, FPL 13), posting period May 24 – June 2, 2021
Applicants who are members of the public:
- Announcement number: NIH-ORS-DE-21-11086617
Applicants who already federal employees or who are otherwise eligible as a status applicant, or through an OPM interchange agreement:
- Announcement number: NIH-ORS-MP-21-11086616
If you have experience providing and/or managing editorial services and want to play a significant role in a dynamic organization, then consider joining the NIH Library team.
- Acts as the senior writer-editor responsible for providing high level consultation and direction to professionals and senior management on editing policies and procedures.
- Coordinates the editing duties of librarians and informationists.
- Coaches and mentors all editors; provides guidance and oversight for policies and procedures and offers feedback to individual editors.
- Monitors use of the collection and makes recommendations for additions/withdrawals.
- Coordinates and teaches classes on writing and the scholarly publishing lifecycle.
- Prepares material for printing and publication.
- Provides a full range of editorial support.
- Manages substantive editing going to third-party providers which includes reviewing work from outside editors before approving payment
For more information on the Editing services at the NIH Library, visit: https://www.nihlibrary.nih.gov/services/editing
Potential applicants can reach out to John Doyle, Chief, Information Architecture Branch at email@example.com to clarify application procedures and position duties.
As part of the application process, it may be necessary to upload copies of degree transcripts. We also encourage you to set up email notifications for future opportunity announcements. Please visit the USAJOBS.gov Help Center at: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/faq/ for more information.