Job Posting: Reference and Instruction Librarian at Cooper Medical School of Rowan University
Rowan University is a comprehensive state-designated research institution with approximately 14,000 students. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J., 20-miles southeast of Philadelphia, and it has a branch campus and medical school in Camden and a second medical school in nearby Stratford. Rowan is only the second university in the country to offer M.D. and D.O. medical-degree granting programs. The School of Osteopathic Medicine has a faculty practice plan that serves approximately 200,000 patients throughout Southern New Jersey. The institution is also home to the South Jersey Technology Park, which fosters the translation of applied research into commercial products and processes. Its business incubator also supports that mission. The University boasts seven colleges–William G. Rohrer College of Business, Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering and colleges of Communications and Creative Arts, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, Performing Arts, and Science and Mathematics.
The Cooper Medical School of Rowan University Library seeks applicants for the position of Reference and Instruction Librarian in Camden, NJ. The Reference and Instruction Librarian is a full-time, tenure-track member. As a tenure-track member of Rowan University faculty, the Reference and Instruction Librarian is expected to be engaged in scholarly, outreach, and teaching/instructional activities, which includes:
- Designs and develops in-person and online programs to teach effective, efficient use of library resources, research skills, and library services, including preparation and delivery of formal and informal presentations to groups or individuals in a medical school and hospital setting.
- Coordinates efforts to integrate biomedical information literacy learning outcomes throughout the undergraduate and graduate medical education curriculum.
- Creates, writes and updates library publications, such as manuals, guides, bookmarks, bibliographies, subject guides and other information literacy/library promotional materials.
- Participates in general administrative departmental duties, library-wide activities, administrative committees, special projects and library programs; represents Rowan University libraries on college, local, state and national level.
- Conducts literature searches and answers general reference questions
- MLS from ALA accredited institution
- Familiarity with current use of point of care and medical resources, such as DynaMed, PubMed, Scopus, etc.
- Knowledge of current instruction technologies, such as LibGuides, Learning Management System, medical mobile applications, etc.
- Experience in health/medical information services or relevant health/medical coursework
- Excellent interpersonal communication, presentation, and organization skills, including the ability to effectively impart knowledge and skills via oral and written communication
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities in a rapidly changing environment;
- Familiar with MLA’s Professional Competencies for Health Sciences Librarians
- Experience developing interactive learning modules and instructional materials for both in-person and online instruction sessions
- Experience in implementing or teaching curriculum within higher education
- Familiarity with assessment tools and trends
The successful candidate for this position may be hired at the rank of Librarian III (entry level) or Librarian II (five years’ experience) depending on qualifications.
Apply here: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__rowanuniversity.hodesiq.com_jobs_reference-2Dand-2Dinstruction-2Dlibrarian-2Dlibrarian-2Dii-2Diii-2Daft-2Dcamden-2Dnew-2Djersey-2Djob-2D5179522&d=BQIGaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=AXtpFLtuqK0MbU9VOwJXzQ&m=jlU435fEdJb9EK2D_zCQEA2dlk89UWRjaNq7GOCQdFg&s=t8_VN26ZI41lWkDk8uKSHR4rIRK3mXWrCdSzCkY2Ie8&e=