Job Posting: Research and Education Librarian / Veteran Health Education Coordinator, Dept of Veterans Affairs, Brooklyn, NY
Research and Education Librarian / Veteran Health Education Coordinator
Department of Veterans Affairs
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration <https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/578858000#agency-modal-trigger>
* Open & closing dates
09/16/2020 to 09/22/2020
* Pay scale & grade
$73,962 to $96,149 per year
* Appointment type
* Work schedule
1 vacancy in the following location:
Brooklyn, NY 1 vacancy <https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/578858000#modal-trigger>
Relocation expenses reimbursed
This job is open to
The public <https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/unique-hiring-paths/public/>
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S. <https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/unique-hiring-paths/public/>
Employee will serve as the Librarian at the Brooklyn Campus of the VA NY Harbor Healthcare System, in Brooklyn, NY. The emphasis is on coordination of system wide health education activities, including health education promotion, guidance and consultation for the staff and serves as the coordinator for programs and continued development and provision of resources.
Learn more about this agency <https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/578858000#agency-modal-trigger>
Duties include, but may not be limited to the following:
* Serve as the focal point of contact and advocate for health education and information initiatives, programs and activities.
* Assess and interpret the needs of the system and address the needs by development of appropriate programs and services.
* Ensure the necessary interdisciplinary input to plan, implement, and evaluate health education services across the facility’s continuum of care.
* Identify specific needs and select appropriate medical information for patients, family members, caregivers and staff.
* Apply knowledge and expertise in library and information sciences in order to direct day-to-day operations of a learning resource center.
* Develop teaching programs with particular emphasis of developing user-centered strategies for educating clinical staff in the use of numerous health-related databases.
* Perform other related duties as required.
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Recruitment & Relocation Incentives: Not authorized.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required.