Job Posting- USF Assistant Director – Reference and Education
Assistant Director, Reference and Education Librarian
Liaison – Morsani College of Medicine
University of South Florida – Shimberg Health Sciences Library
The Shimberg Health Sciences Library serves the students, faculty, and staff of the Colleges of Medicine, Nursing, Public Health, Pharmacy and the School of Physical Therapy. The Library supports the educational mission of USF Health by offering access to research materials, conducting instructional programs, and providing study space.
Essential Functions of the Assistant Director: Responsible for the leadership and administration of reference and education services. The duties include: overall planning, organizing, and staffing for the department; formulating, implementing and participating in reference and education programs; participating in future needs assessment for library services; assisting executive leadership in developing policies; and fostering a creative, team-oriented work environment by encouraging and promoting communication, collaboration, and excellent customer service. Serves as the Morsani College of Medicine liaison. This position reports directly to the Shimberg Health Sciences Library Director.
· MLS/MLIS or equivalent from an ALA-accredited institution
· Extensive experience in an academic medical library
· Minimum of 3 years of increasingly higher levels of responsibility
· Strong supervisory experience including annual performance evaluations of librarians
· Substantial experience in bibliographic instruction, database searching, instructional design, and knowledge in using resources in an academic medical library environment
· Knowledge of current and emerging technologies in reference and instruction
· Ability to work in a collaborative, service oriented, rapidly changing environment to accomplish mutual goals
· Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
· Plan and implement complex projects, and demonstrate a record of solid management skills and creative leadership
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· More than 5 years of increasingly higher levels of responsibility, including strong supervisory experience
· Experience in providing reference and education services to an accredited College of Medicine
· Experience participating in systematic reviews
· Experience in teaching evidence-based practice literature searching and concepts
· Experience and working knowledge of bibliography management software applications
· Ability to work effectively within a complex organization
· Ability to develop and manage budgets
Salary and Benefits
This position has faculty rank and status (non-tenure track).
Benefits include a competitive health package, and TIAA/CREF and other retirement options.
Beginning salary $75,000.
· Florida does not have a state income tax
· Moving expenses will be negotiated
Application deadline is December 31, 2015
(Application reviews will continue after January 4, 2016)
All applications must be submitted through the USF Careers website. To apply:
1. Select the below link to access the USF Careers site
2. Select “Access Careers@USF” (located in the middle of the website)
3. Click on the “Search Jobs Now” box
4. Enter “Shimberg” in the keywords search box
5. When the job displays, click on “Apply” and then click on “Register Now” to create an account or Sign In to access an existing account.
According to Florida Law, applications and meetings regarding them are open to the public.
For ADA accommodations, please contact Larry Cramer at 974-2775 or email@example.com at least five working days prior to need.
USF is an Equal Opportunity Institution.