The Infectious Diseases Society of America has an immediate need for a Medical Librarian with a focus on systematic reviews and clinical practice guidelines. This role will begin with a six-month contract with the possibility to extend.
- Based on PICO questions emerging from guideline panel meetings, develop and implement complex search strategies utilizing relevant medical electronic databases and search optimization techniques
- Develop and aid in the execution of quality systematic reviews and guidelines/recommendations
- Oversee use of scholarly publishing databases (Embase, Medline, and Cochrane Trials)
- Supports citation management throughout the process; utilizes EndNote and other bibliographic resources for retrieved citations/articles
- Provide literature monitoring and other support activities as needed for the IDSA guideline committee
- Provide mechanism for and maintain repository as a resource for staff and committee access to relevant information
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of library science and research evidence collection development
- Proficiency with title/abstract and full text screening
- Ability to derive literature evidence search terms and MeSH terms
- Efficient and organized with a keen attention to detail
- Maintains confidentiality, exercises discretion, good judgment and strong work ethic
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to relate to people from diverse backgrounds, sectors and experiences; communicate with diverse audiences; and engage people in person and by phone (e.g., meetings and conference calls)
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with a team to meet deadlines
- Flexibility and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in library and information services or similar field required
5+ years of relevant work experience; academic/medical research setting is preferred
Proficient in literature evidence search and MeSH term development, devising simple and more complex search strategies, MS Outlook and MS Office suite
Proficiency in working with major professional abstracting, indexing, literature database and tracking services, and registries, including Medline, PubMed, Thomson Scientific/Web of Science, Cross-Ref, Fund-Ref, clinicaltrials.gov, PROSPERO and others
Compensation is commensurate with experience, skills, project load, and scope of work. To apply, please submit cover letter, CV and general salary expectations. This position is not benefits eligible.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.