The 2018 National Program Committee invites you to submit a paper, poster, lightning talk, or special content session for MLA ’18 to be held in Atlanta, Georgia, on May 18-23, 2018. Themes for papers, posters, lightning talks, and special content sessions at MLA ’18 will be based on member submissions. Submissions are due no later than Tuesday, October 10, at the MLA ’18 submission site.
Papers, Posters, and Lightning Talks
- research abstracts report on designing, conducting, and analyzing a research project
- program description abstracts describe the creation and improvement of products, programs, technologies, administrative practice, or services conducted by librarians and information professionals
New this year: When completing your submissions, please include results and conclusions (if complete). These will be included in the peer-review process.
Authors will rank their preferred presentation formats: paper (approximately a fifteen-minute presentation), poster (one hour of staffing poster), or lightning talk (approximately a five-minute presentation).
Abstracts will be blinded and reviewed. If your submission is not accepted in the first round of reviews, it will be considered during the second round of reviews if you select a second format preference. Note: If you do not indicate a second format preference and your submission is not accepted in the first round, it will not be considered for a second round of reviews.
Special Content Sessions
Members are invited to design and apply for a ninety-minute special content session. Special content sessions could include, but are not limited to:
- panel of invited speakers
- single invited speaker
- unconference session
- flipped session
- discussion of a book or series of articles
- any other format you believe would be engaging and relevant
If you have inquiries about the papers and special content sessions, please contact the Contributed Content Planning Group.