Time is running out …
Has your MLA Section done something new or unique this past year? Please tell us about it! Nominate your MLA Section for MLA’s Section Project of the Year. Here’s how: Complete this nomination form https://www.mlanet.org/e/sx/tk/eid=25 by November 1, 2018. (A letter of support from the Section Chair approving the nomination is required.)
Section Project of the Year
The Medical Library Association (MLA) Section Project of the Year Award was established by the MLA Board of Directors in 2010. The award was proposed as one of the ways to encourage health sciences librarians to demonstrate their creativity, ingenuity, cooperation, and leadership, within the framework of the mandate of the section. These attributes must be shown through special projects beyond the normal operational programming of the section. The recipient section receives a certificate at the annual meeting and a cash award of $500 after the annual meeting. The award will be presented to the recipient section’s chair or other section officer/member designated as the representative by the section chair.
* Applicants must be sections of the MLA as defined by the MLA Bylaws.
* Support by the section for the application, as evidenced by an endorsement from the section chair on behalf of the executive committee or officiating body of the section.
* Application is made for excellence in special projects or innovative operational programming demonstrating advocacy, leadership, service, technology, or innovations that contribute to the advancement of health sciences librarianship.
* Evidence and assessment of the achievements and impact of the project on the profession and the members of the affected sections must be demonstrated through goals, objectives and project evaluation or outcome.
* The section project must have been completed within the three years preceding the date of the application or must be an ongoing program that accomplishes the same goals set out for project criteria. Projects/programs achievements and impact of the project on the profession and the members of the affected section must be demonstrated through goals, objectives, and project evaluation or outcome.
How to Apply
Nominations are due by November 1, 2018 at 11:59pm Central Time using this link to the nomination form https://www.mlanet.org/e/sx/tk/eid=25. From the drop down, select 2019 Section Project of the Year Award. You will be asked to give a statement about the section project as a reason for the nomination, a title and brief description, as well as an overview discussing the nature of the special project and its purpose, importance to strategic planning for the section, and other pertinent information about why this is significant to the section. You will also be asked to describe the quality of the contribution of the special project, and to describe how the project provides new responses to challenges faced by health sciences librarians. The latter should demonstrate how the project enhanced the section’s activities. The final section asks one to describe the contribution to the profession, and this would describe how the profession or the section members benefit from the project. A letter of support from the Section Chair approving the nomination is required. Up to three optional letters of support can also be submitted.