NNLM SEA Announces the Healthy Haiku Contest!
During the month of April, we will be sharing Healthy Haikus created by YOU! In honor of National Poetry Month, NNLM SEA is hosting a Healthy Haiku contest for our members. All participants will be entered into a lottery to receive free registration to the ALA Annual 2021 or MLA ‘21 virtual conference*!
Use this creative outlet for your pandemic angst, healthy-living tips, ailment woes, or anything at all that is health related. Make it light or make it heavy, funny or serious, but make it!
Write a three-line poem, following the syllable pattern 5-7-5. No need to rhyme, just go with the flow!
We ask you to write
On health, pets, COVID-19
Please share your haiku!
Need inspiration for topics? Check out the April National Health Observances, including:
- National Public Health Week
- National Minority Health Month
- Every Kid Healthy Week
- DNA Day
- Patient Experience Week
How to Enter
- Share your haikus now through April 30th on Facebook or Twitter.
- Make sure your post is “viewable for the public” so we can see your submission.
- Tag @NNLMSEA onFacebook or Twitter and include #HealthyHaiku.
- If applicable, tag your library or organization.
- Individuals can share up to three unique haikus.
- We’ll reshare your posts so that others can see your creativity!
Don’t want to use your own social media account? E-mail your healthy haiku to Liz Waltman (firstname.lastname@example.org) who will share it on our social media accounts and credit you with your submission.
Have fun and we look forward to reading all the amazing haikus!
*Conference registration is for one person and is non-transferable.