NYAM Library, Special Projects Librarian
The primary responsibilities of this position are for directing the daily activities of the library’s special projects in grey literature. These initiatives are dedicated to the aggregation, publication, and dissemination of grey literature in the areas of public and urban health. Both projects are web based.
The position serves as Project Manager for the NYAM Library’s Grey Literature Report and as the Project Director for the Resource Guide for Public Health Preparedness, a collaborative subcontracted project with the staff of NLM’s Disaster Information Management Resource Center (DIMRC).
This position also delivers liaison services to research staff at NYAM in Health Policy and the Center for Urban Epidemiology (CUES); works as part of a reference staff team to deliver library services by appointment to users of the library.
Reports to the Director of the NYAM Library
* Directs the daily activities of the Grey Literature Report production which encompasses the publication schedule, calendaring and managing of bi-weekly meetings of the grey literature team, and manages all the correspondence ,web activities, issues related to the project; participates as a team member in the production and scheduling of the report
* Acts as one of two content editors for the Grey Literature Report; works as a team to populate the report through collection management activities related to screening of assigned organizations
* Directs the production on a daily basis of the Resource Guide for Public Health Preparedness; supervises the part time project librarian’s selection of content and other related activities; oversees and approves all entries into the database; participates in bi-weekly calls with DIMRC staff ; writes monthly reports and submits to Director in a timely fashion ; creates invoices for the subcontract on a monthly basis; general follow up actions and interactions with NLM staff
* Liaison to specific NYAM staff units-Health Policy and CUES; attends staff meetings, contributes library services as needed to assist their work , such as monthly and weekly search alerts, some mediated searching and some article retrieval.
* Acts as a member of NYAM Library’s reference team contributing to -on-call schedules for reading room appointments and telephone call schedules; orientations for users and training as needed, as well as general mediated searching as needed.
* Assumes other responsibilities related to position as needed
The ideal candidate for this position is enthusiastic and well-organized with a minimum of two years reference experience in an academic, research, or large health sciences library. Candidates with a background in public health/urban health, health policy, or health services research and/or an interest in open access dissemination of information from non-commercial organizations are well suited for this position. Experience with online searching, particularly PUBMED is needed as well as an interest in technology; the candidate must have an MLS from an ALA-accredited institution; excellent customer services skills and capacity to work well with others.
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>. Please include “Special Projects Librarian” in subject line.
For more information, visit our website: www.nyam.org<http://www.nyam.org> The New York Academy of Medicine is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.