Position Opening – Human Sciences, Education and Distance Learning Librarian
The LSU Libraries has a position opening for Human Sciences, Education and Distance Learning Librarian (http://www.lib.lsu.edu/lib/jobs/hs-dl-ed-librarian.html), please consider completing a full application.
Human Sciences, Education and Distance Learning Librarian
The Human Sciences, Education and Distance Learning Librarian reports to the Head of RIS for distance learning and supervisory duties, and to the Head of Collection Development and Open Access Initiatives for collection development and liaison responsibilities.
40% Provides library services to faculty, staff, and students participating in the University’s online and distance learning courses and/or programs; works collaboratively with other subject specialists who serve online faculty and students; researches, evaluates and assists in implementing technologies to enhance online and distance learning; works to provide services that meet or exceed ACRL’s Standards for Distance Learning Library Services.
40% Serves as a selector and liaison for the College of Human Sciences & Education’s School of Library and Information Science, School of Education, and School of Kinesiology, providing outreach, instruction, and specialized reference services to faculty and students in those disciplines; develops discipline-specific subject guides, instructional and other materials as needed; works with faculty in the College to embed information literacy in the curriculum; participates in liaison group activities; participates in accreditation and program reviews.
15% Works to meet promotion and tenure requirements for research and service.
5% Other duties as assigned.
- M.L.S. masters degree from an ALA-accredited library school program;
- demonstrated knowledge of current principles and practices of distance learning and/or instructional learning technology;
- demonstrated knowledge and experience in creating and using online library instructional materials;
- experience providing reference services and library instruction
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in a Human Sciences field, Instructional Design, IT or related field.
- at least two years of experience in instructional design or technology-based course delivery
- experience in providing reference service in an academic environment.
How To Apply
Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled. To apply, go to https://lsusystemcareers.lsu.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=58535.