Position opening: NIH Library, Bibliometrics Informationist
Please share this announcement with anyone who may be interested.
The NIH is committed to hiring a diverse group of the most qualified candidates to carry out its mission of making important medical discoveries that improve health and save lives. We believe that one of the best referral sources of candidates for this position is our own employees. So please feel free to apply to this vacancy announcement if you are interested, and forward the links to any other interested candidates.
Position Title/Series/Grade/FPL: Librarian (Biomedical) GS-1410-12/13 FPL 13 positions
Area of Consideration: All US Citizens/Merit Promotion
MP Announcement Number: NIH-ORS-MP-21-11159023
DE Announcement Number: NIH-ORS-DE-21-11158978
Open Date: July 24, 2021
Close Date: August 2, 2021
Location: Montgomery County, Maryland
Number of Vacancies: 2 positions
MP Announcement Link: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607615500 (Federal employees)
DE Announcement Link: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607615600 (general public)
HR Specialist for ORS, Branch C
- Serves as a technical authority in the provision of bibliometric services in very complex subject areas related to biomedical research.
- Develops policies, programs, services and/or products for a library system.
- Initiates, plans, and carries out work activities and projects related to designing, developing, and overseeing instructional and training programs on library programs, services, and systems.
- Provides consultations on designing and using bibliometric analyses, training on bibliometric theory and techniques, and customized analysis designed to meet specific needs of NIH staff.
- Calculates citation impact scores using the latest bibliometric techniques and put those scores into context to help NIH staff understand how useful laboratory or program publications have been to other scientists.
- Provides research services for users which involve not only directing the user to information sources, but also locating and evaluating the information itself.