Position at Commonwealth Medial College Library (PA)
A primary responsibility of this position is to ensure that high quality electronic resources are readily available to Medical Library clientele on a variety of platforms. This position is responsible for providing leadership in the development, maintenance and support of the Medical Library’s website, Innovative’s Millennium ILS, the Serials Solutions Knowledgebase and 360 Suite, EZProxy and other online resources. By working collaboratively with librarians, faculty and students, the Head, Electronic Resources and Technical Services will provide support to The Commonwealth Medical College’s curriculum and instructional program components. This position will report to the Director, Medical Library and will supervise one FTE Medical Library employee.
• Manage electronic resource subscriptions and licenses, including assisting with license negotiations, trouble-shooting access to, and tracking use of, electronic resources;
. Design and maintain the library website, including on-going development of our blog, wiki, and other web applications. Special projects that will be led by this position will involve exploring new and emerging technologies that will enhance access to the Library’s services and resources;
• Oversee the Innovative Millennium ILS, the Serials Solutions Knowledgebase and 360 Suite, EZProxy and other online resources;
. Contribute to the Medical Library team by working cooperatively on library-wide initiatives;
• Lead or participate as a member of the team on special projects that are developed as library goals;
• Provide reference and other public services such as assisting students with research papers and providing other direct public services via e-mail, phone or in-person;
• Deliver educational services to the TCMC community including making presentations at faculty development and student workshops, classes and orientations; and providing tours as needed.
Education: Master’s degree in library / information science from an ALA-accredited program.
• Experience in developing database-backed, dynamic websites, and in providing web and technology services support and training;
• Demonstrated ability to manage electronic resources and information;
• Minimum of three years of relevant library experience.
• Experience in an academic medical library;
• AHIP membership.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Experience in using web and graphic editors;
• Knowledge of website and information architecture principles;
• Knowledge of current and emerging technologies relating to digital and web-based library services;
• Knowledge of standard Windows packages; including PowerPoint, Publisher, and MS Access;
• Excellent communication skills; strong initiative and ability to function independently and as a contributing member of a team;
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize; ability to demonstrate innovation and flexibility;
• Knowledge of copyright and licensing issues.
Salary Range: $55,000 – $65,000 with excellent benefits.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and CV to: Human Resources, The Commonwealth Medical College, 150 North Washington Avenue, Scranton, PA 18503, or electronically to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The Commonwealth Medical Education Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE.
Joanne M. Muellenbach, MLS, AHIP
The Commonwealth Medical College
501 Vine Street
Scranton, PA 18509