Reference Librarian (2), LAC Group – Bethesda, MD
LAC Group is looking for 2 Reference Librarians to support ongoing information dissemination efforts in disaster preparedness, response, and recovery. This is an exciting learning opportunity in the emerging field of disaster health information.
- Updating and maintaining existing materials on health issues related to specific disaster topics or incidents;
- Updating and maintaining a website using a custom content management system (CMS);
- Testing new website and CMS features and working collaboratively with technical lead and developers to troubleshoot issues and defects;
- Ensuring all materials are Section 508 compliant- Selection, data entry, and writing annotations for disaster medicine and public health emergency grey literature database, https://disasterinfo.nlm.nih.gov/disaster-lit;
- Assisting partners, collaborators, and audiences by responding to inquiries; scheduling, planning, and attending meetings; meeting minute preparation, and corresponding via phone or email;
- Testing and review of disaster health databases and mobile applications
- Assist in the updating and maintenance of existing training classes (online and in-person) and participation in disaster health information continuing education classes;
- Attending meetings with potential opportunities to interact with disaster medicine and public health professionals and librarians;
- Managing administration of Listservs;
- Monitoring of multiple RSS feeds, social media, and other resources for new material to add to a Disaster Lit;
- Monitoring, content development, and posting on the Twitter account, GovDelivery, and other tools for promoting agencies resources.
- Must be currently enrolled or a graduate of an accredited MLS program;
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills. Writing sample required;
- Demonstrated experience publishing content to Web sites, use of a content management system (CMS) preferred;
- At least one year of professional level work experience;
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office products;
Preferred Skills / Experience:
- Background in science, public health, allied health, emergency management desirable, but not required.
- Experience with section 508 compliance highly desired, but not required.
- Demonstrated experience with Google Analytics and/or other analytics software
- Demonstrated professional experience with social media marketing
- Demonstrated experience with basic HTML coding and code manipulation
- Ability to work within a team environment and contribute to consensus-based decision making;
- Ability to identify, analyze, and solve problems creatively and independently;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and shift priorities as directed;
- Able to effectively work in a fast-paced environment with team members;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with people at every level;
- General computer and email skills.
To apply, please visit: https://goo.gl/HSskft