Research Grant Opportunity – Application Deadline: August 1, 2012
Well, MLA is over and everyone has returned energized and full of ideas. If those ideas need some funding, then MAC/RAC has an opportunity for you in the form of a Research and Assessment Grant.
The purpose of the Research & Assessment Grants is to promote and stimulate excellence in the field of health science librarianship and the information sciences. Grants may be used to support all or part of the costs of a project, up to a maximum of $1000. MAC/MLA may award more than one grant in a year for a maximum of $1000 in any one year.
The first grant(s) will be awarded at the 2012 Annual MAC Meeting. Applications will be due August 1, 2012.
Some Things to Know:
○ Applicants must hold a graduate degree in library science
○ Applicants must be practicing health science librarians
○ The applicant must be a current member of MAC/MLA
· The scope and nature of the proposed project should give evidence of an established methodology and a viable research or assessment design.
· Preference will be given to projects that will add to the body of knowledge, increase understanding, or improve services in librarianship, information science, or other academic disciplines.
For More Information http://macmla.org/committees/rac/grant_terms.html