Spring 2010 Internship at Harrison Medical Library
From Christine Caufield-Noll:
The Harrison Medical Library has an opening for a temporary intern to work as a Library Informationist during the Spring 2010 semester (January-May).Students will be expected to work a total of 120 hours during the semester, approximately 7.5 hours a week, and will receive a small stipend. Hours can be scheduled around the library hours of operation, 8 am- 5 pm, Monday – Friday. Scheduling arrangements can be made to accommodate non-local students, but these students are responsible for making their own housing arrangements.
Interns will be required to complete a project associated with their area of interest.
Learning opportunities during the internship include:
- Delivery of reference assistance to faculty, staff and community members
- Collection development
- Clinical rounds
- Participation and teaching classes to community and faculty
- Collection and archiving of faculty publications
- Marketing of library services
- Mediated literature searching
- Funding sources
- Library management
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in an American Library Association (ALA)-accredited Masters of Library/Information Science program and have an interest in medical librarianship
- Graduate school students are preferred but undergraduates majoring in library/ information science may apply
- Recent graduates (within the last year) from an ALA-accredited program will also be considered
To apply, please visit www.bayviewjobs.org and complete the online application. Search for the position by requisition number 91071.
Please contact Christine Caufield-Noll, Senior Informationist, at 410-550-0681 or by
e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for more information.
About Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center:
Open the door to the best of both worlds…Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center offers a unique environment that combines the prestige and opportunities of a respected academic medical center with the personality and camaraderie of a community hospital.
With a rich history of healing and a world-famous reputation, Johns Hopkins Bayview can offer you an exciting, fulfilling career, wherever you are on your career path.