Systems and Web Development Librarian – Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
Location: Suwanee (suburban Atlanta) – GA Campus
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Library Systems:
- Administer main library website using WordPress, including overall design, development, updating content, and ongoing maintenance.
- Administer LibGuides, including creation and implementation of guidelines, updating content, and maintaining a continuity of look and feel.
- Administer ILLiad, including updating content and ongoing maintenance.
- Administer Ebsco Discovery Service. Monitor and add additional content/custom links when appropriate.
- Assist in administration and support of the ILS (Voyager), including overall system administration and desktop support.
- Gather usage statistics for library resources, utilizing various tools such as Ebsco Usage Consolidation, Microsoft Access and Google Analytics when appropriate.
- Creates and interprets usage reports and other data to support decision-making.
- Ensure new resources are properly added to EZProxy. Anticipate and troubleshoot access issues.
- Serve as backup administrator for Ebsco Holdings Management.
- Administer additional library systems as required.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- External Relations:
- Maintains technical relations with ERMS vendor, electronic, and print subscription agents to ensure continued access to library-supported systems and resources.
- Serve as liaison between the library and Information Technology Services (ITS). Work cooperatively on the resolution of campus-related issues impacting access to library-supported systems and resources.
- Reference and Instruction:
- Troubleshoot e-access problems reported by patrons and other library staff.
- Staff library circulation desk as needed.
- Provides general reference through use of both print and online library resources.
- Assists users in selecting appropriate materials.
- Responsible for supervision of work-study students on a needs basis.
- MLS from ALA-accredited institution requiredApply online and learn more: https://cw.na1.hgncloud.com/pcom/loadJobPostingDetails.do?jobPostingID=104060&source=jobList
For more than a century, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine has provided high quality, hands-on training in osteopathic medicine. As the field of medicine has changed, we’ve changed with it-adapting our program offerings to better meet the needs of healthcare providers and the communities they serve.
At the main campus in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and the branch campus in Suwanee, Georgia, PCOM students learn to approach problem solving in a more professional, more team-oriented manner, which prepares them to work successfully in integrated healthcare settings with other health professionals. Both campuses feature modern facilities and state-of-the-art technologies, all part of an innovative learning environment designed for collaboration and interaction.