Two Librarian Positions Open – Memphis, TN
**Please excuse cross-posting
The University of Tennessee Health Science Center (UTHSC) Health Sciences Library is excited to announce that we are expanding our team of energetic, service-oriented, and collaborative professionals in the Research & Learning Services (RLS) and the Electronic & Collection Services (ECS) departments.
Come join us in Memphis, where we are committed to providing outstanding service in the ever-changing environment of academic medicine, healthcare delivery, and biomedical research.
Below you will find brief descriptions of each position with links to the full job description.
Review of applications will begin on November 23rd, 2020 and continue until positions are filled.
- Leads systematic review support service including updating policies and procedures and assessing service value and effectiveness.
- Provides training or coaching to librarians and systematic review team members to ensure quality of service.
- Serves as library liaison to specific academic colleges and/or departments to identify their needs, solicits input on library collection development for specific departmental disciplines, and provides customized library services for departments to create a library environment conducive to student success.
- Works collaboratively with faculty to design and teach curriculum-integrated instruction sessions and create online tutorials for distance education students focused on library resources and information literacy skills.
- Work in close collaboration with the Research Data and Scholarly Communications Lead to support UTHSC researchers in the areas of data management, data curation, data reuse and attribution, and data visualization.
- Collaborate with Library administration to design and implement quantitative and qualitative library assessments to identify user needs, demonstrate library impact, improve services, and inform decision-making related to the UTHSC Library strategic plan.
- In partnership with other Library units, lead the creation of visualizations and strategies intended to communicate Library data, assessment results, and other related information to guide strategic decision making.
- Develop and maintain ongoing processes and tools for the collection, storage, and analysis of Library data.
Posted on behalf of Hilary Jasmin from the Southern Chapter of MLA