Deadline Extension! Nominations for 2021 Darling Medal for Collection Development — Due 11/13
The Medical Library Association (MLA) Louise Darling Medal jury is now accepting nominations. The Louise Darling Medal is presented annually to recognize distinguished achievement in collection development in the health sciences. Awards can be for specific activities (publication, teaching) or for overall leadership and achievement in this area. The recipient(s) will be notified in March before the annual conference at which the presentation will be made. The recipient receives an engraved medal and certificate at the association’s annual conference and a $1,000 cash award after the annual conference. The recipient(s) assume all costs of attending the conference and the ceremony at which the presentation is made.
- Individual nominees must be members of MLA. Institutions or groups of individuals may be nominated as long as at least one person in the group is a member of MLA.
- Nominations may be made for overall distinction or leadership within collection development, production of a definitive publication related to collection development, the teaching of collection development, for the development of an extraordinary national information resource or collection in any format (e.g. printed materials, audiovisuals, electronic files, etc.) or for any other collection development activity deemed appropriate by the Board of Directors, the Awards Committee, and the Louise Darling Medal Jury.
- Nominations are accepted from the MLA membership at large and from the members of the Louise Darling Medal Jury.
- The online nomination must be completed and all supporting documents uploaded no later than November 13.
- Late and incomplete nominations will not be considered.
Include a precise description of the nominee’s outstanding contributions to collection development in the health sciences, including specific comments on the following: Professional Achievements, Leadership, Cooperative Efforts, Service, a CV/resume for an individual or background information for institutions, and up to three letters of support may be included.
Ready to Submit a Nomination?
Go to: https://www.mlanet.org/e/sx/tk/eid=13 and choose the 2021 Darling Award nomination form.
Once saved, the nomination form remains open for changes or to upload supporting documents until November 13, 2020, 11:59 p.m. (CDT).
To learn more about the nomination process, see past award recipients, and to submit a nomination, please visit https://www.mlanet.org/p/cm/ld/fid=242.
Nominations are due on November 13th.
Brandi Tuttle, Chair
Angela Dixon; Rie Goto; Megan Besaw Inman; Yumin Jiang
MLA Louise Darling Collection Development Medal Jury