Upcoming Webinar: Are You Ready? Disaster Information Resources Thursday September 21
Thank you to those who attended our SCR CONNECTions webinar yesterday! The recording for the session Capacity Building in Public Health Through Strategic Interdisciplinary Partnerships is now available for viewing. Watch the video here https://youtu.be/5yZpllRF99k or check out our Archived Webinars page https://nnlm.gov/scr/professional-development/archived-webinars for more details.
We would now like to invite everyone to attend our next webinar, Are You Ready? Essential Disaster Health Information Resources for Keeping Your Loved Ones Safe to be held next week on Thursday September 21 at 11am CT / 10am MT. The NNLM SCR’s own Brian Leaf will be leading the webinar session, and will cover NLM disaster health information and other emergency preparedness resources for community educators, families, friends, and caregivers.
No registration is required for this class. Please see below for information on attending or visit the online course listing https://nnlm.gov/class/are-you-ready-essential-disaster-health-information-resources-keeping-your-loved-ones-safe-0. Direct any questions to email@example.com.
This topic is unfortunately a very timely one with the recent hurricanes and other natural disasters affecting those across the US. Our thoughts are especially with those in the South Central and Southeast Atlantic regions dealing with the aftermath of these disasters. For those in the South Central Region in need of disaster relief support, we are offering a number of services. Please check our website for more information: https://nnlm.gov/scr/members/emergency/harvey.
Are You Ready? Essential Disaster Health Information Resources for Keeping Your Loved Ones Safe
Time: Thursday, September 21 at 11am – 12pm CT / 10 – 11am MT
Instructor: Brian Leaf
Note: This class counts towards the MLA Consumer Health Information Specialization and the MLA Disaster Information Specialization.
Description: This class covers NLM disaster health information and other emergency preparedness resources for community educators, families, friends, and caregivers. Resources for special populations and those with special needs are highlighted. The class is designed for an audience of consumers, public and consumer health librarians, pre- hospital responders, health care professionals, first-responders, or disaster preparedness administrators.
Objectives: By the end of the session, participants will be able to:
* Locate disaster and emergency preparedness information for consumers/public
* Locate disaster and emergency preparedness for special populations
* Locate disaster and emergency preparedness for those with disabilities
* Locate disaster and emergency preparedness mobile Apps for consumers/public
To Join the Meeting
- Go to WebEx https://nih.webex.com/.
- Enter the session number: 628 868 263 and password: disaster
- Please provide your name and email address.
- You may need to read the notice regarding toll-free numbers and click Accept.
- You may have to download and install a web add-on or run a temporary application depending on the browser you use.
- Select your audio connection preference:
*Call using computer – Adjust settings and test the connection *Call from WebEx – Enter your direct phone number and press 1 when prompted *Call in – Call: 1-650-479-3208 (US/Canada Toll-free) Enter access code: 628 868 263 # Enter the Attendee ID on your screen and press #
- If you are using a mobile device, your access code is: disaster
For live captioning, please use http://livewrite-ncc.appspot.com/attend?event=citwebex
For any technical issues, please call: 817-735-2223.