Webinar: The Pieces of Systematic Review with Margaret Foster Webinar Series Session 5: Explain & Summarize – Reporting and Dissemination, Series Wrap-Up
The Pieces of Systematic Review with Margaret Foster Webinar Series Session 5: Explain & Summarize – Reporting and Dissemination, Series Wrap-Up
Instructor: Margaret Foster, MLIS, MPH, Associate Professor and Systematic Reviews and Research Coordinator, Texas A&M University Medical Sciences Library Time Thursday, May 16, 2019, 1-2:30pm CT / 12-1:30pm MT Social Media Hashtag: #piecesQA
Series Description: Systematic reviews are well-documented as contributing to evidence-based healthcare by, in part, revealing gaps in the literature or illustrating the effectiveness of health interventions. They are common practice, but they can often be fraught with issues in how they’re conducted. There is a constant need for education and discussion. In each live session of this monthly limited-run webinar series, Margaret Foster draws from her expertise to discuss issues, provide examples, and demonstrate the steps of her Pieces process, as described in her book Assembling the Pieces of Systematic Review: A Guide for Librarians>. This second run of the original series will provide more practical examples for conducting each step of a systematic review as well as look at other types of reviews. Sessions will occur on the third Thursday of every month from 1pm – 2:30pm CT. The webinar will highlight the following topics:
· Thursday, January 17, 2019 – Plan: Developing your topic, framing the question, selecting a standard and output Video Link
· Thursday, February 21, 2019 – Identify: Developing your search, documenting Video Link
· Thursday, March 21, 2019 – Evaluate: Screening tools Video Link
· Thursday, April 18, 2019 – Collect: Coding and synthesis Video Link
· Thursday, May 16, 2019 – Explain & Summarize: Reporting and dissemination, series wrap-up Login details below!
What are you hoping to learn from this series? Let us know! You can submit your responses to our survey here>.
Speaker Bio: Margaret Foster is an Associate Professor at Texas A&M University and serves as the Systematic Reviews and Research Coordinator at the Medical Sciences Library with a joint position at the School of Public Health. Her work with systematic reviews began more than a decade ago while completing her Masters of Public Health. In her current position, she provides consultations for researchers in medicine, public health, veterinary medicine, education, and other disciplines and has published over 30 articles applying or describing systematic review methods and evidence-based practices. In addition, she is a co-founder of the Medical Library Association Systematic Review Special Interest Group and developed a popular continuing education course about systematic reviews which has trained over 1000 librarians.
Full details on the series as well as login information for the final session can be found here: https://nnlm.gov/scr/training/
To Join the Meeting
1. Go to https://nih.webex.com.
2. Enter the session number: 621 589 759 and password: pieces
3. Please provide your name and email address.
4. You may have to download and install a web add-on or run a temporary application depending on the browser you use.
5. Select your audio connection preference:
*Call using computer – Adjust settings and test the connection *Call from WebEx – Enter your direct phone number and press 1 when prompted *Call in – Call: 1-650-479-3208 (US/Canada toll number) Enter access code: 621 589 759 # Enter the Attendee ID on your screen and press #
6. If you are using a mobile device, your access code is: pieces
For live captioning, please use http://livewrite-ncc.appspot.c
For any technical issues, please call: 817-735-2223.