Digital Services Specialist, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Years of Experience: 2
Level of Education: Two-Year Degree
Career Level: Junior (non-manager)
Job Category: Education/Training- Library Technician
Job Schedule: Full Time
Job Type (Employment Type): Direct Hire
Number of Openings: 1
Job Title: Digital Services Specialist
Job Number: 003761
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine: The Digital Services Specialist is responsible for the maintenance of our digital collections across their life-cycle on all campuses. Working under the general supervision of the Associate Director of Library Operations, and alongside the digital resources, scholarly communications, collections and web teams to provide support for the use and management of PCOM e-resources. Specific job duties will include: Collaboration with members of the teams to enhance the meta-data description and access of digital collections and other projects as assigned. Assists in all circulation and reference responsibilities as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Performs a variety of support services work for the growth and development of library digital services. Assists with implementing virtual library services including the presentation and delivery of information services to library customers and staff utilizing electronic resources and delivery methods. Circulation and chat duties as assigned.
Provide content management support for the digital asset management system.
• Liaison with Systems Librarian to identify user issues, work with cross-disciplinary team to develop solutions
• Also provides help desk support for library patrons and staff using web site chat, email and phone.
• Ensure consistency, accuracy and compliance with required system
• Assist with the maintenance of digital marketing collection pages, digital resources and troubleshooting guides.
• Deliver excellent service to customers of all ages and assist them with a variety of technologies such as e-books, digital media production and personal devices.
• Assist with online database maintenance and link troubleshooting issues.
• Interact extensively via social media, chat, email, over the telephone and in person with patrons and staff.
• Provide technical guidance and training on a variety of applications, and software.
• Assists the Scholarly Communications Librarian in outreach to students, faculty and staff throughout campus; coordinates educational workshops and promotional events, and develops promotional materials.
• Assist in department by coordinating and scheduling running meaningful statistics to support Library mission and assessment.
• Attend meetings, trainings, and workshops as assigned.
• Assist with special projects as required, and perform other duties as assigned.
• Assist the department in preparing and maintaining web content as appropriate.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
Associate’s degree (Bachelor’s preferred) in information technology, communications, computer science, or related program.
At least two years’ experience working in a library or 20 credit hours of formal coursework from an accredited library program.
Strong communication and customer service aptitude.
• Must be creative, artistic and original in approach to work.
• Must be detailed oriented, with ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
• Knowledge of desktop computer software and hardware such as MS Office, image and video editing software.
• Desire to seek professional development and keep abreast of emerging technologies
• Facilitate and carry out projects and programs successfully. Meets work plan and personal development objectives as established with supervisor.