Job Posting: Education and Liaison Services Librarian, Texas Medical Center Library, Houston, TX
The Texas Medical Center (TMC) Library is a major research library serving Texas Medical Center researchers, clinicians and students, including two major medical schools and over 20 member institutions. The Library is also the Regional Medical Library for the National Network of Libraries of Medicine South Central Region, with responsibility for providing health information to health professionals and consumers in the five state region of Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas.
The TMC Library seeks an Education and Liaison Services Librarian. This individual will be responsible for coordinating all education, instructional and liaison services activities for the library. This position serves as Liaison Librarian for 1st and 3rd year Medical Students and Faculty from the University of Texas Health Science Center –Houston and Baylor College of Medicine.
- Fosters and maintains close working relationship with curriculum committees at all TMC educational institutions
- Researches, develops and delivers library and institution based classes
- Coordinates scheduling of all classes and orientations
- Conducts Library orientations
- Provides Liaison Services with the 1st and 3rd year medical students at UTHSC-Houston and BCM schools of medicine
- Holds “Office Hours” at each medical school
- Collaborates with pre-clinical and 3rd year medicine faculty at each medical school on curricular and extra-curricular instruction and supplemental materials
- Uses LibGuides to create subject and course specific resource guides
- Maintains class and orientation statistics to identify needs and enhance content
- Keeps abreast of educational trends/theories
- Works closely with Instructional Technologies Librarian to enhance client services
- Provides on-call reference service when necessary
- Provides assistance and support to other librarians and staff when needed
- Completes all activities towards the fulfillment of the Library mission and strategic objectives
- Collaborates with others to create an atmosphere of enthusiasm and commitment
- Establishes and maintains an environment that encourages teamwork, interdependence, and customer service
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills):
Education and experience – Required: Master’s Degree in Library Science (or equivalent) from an ALA-accredited institution, at least three years’ experience in academic libraries, at least one year library instruction or education experience
Desired: Liaison or customer service experience, course work or experience in medical librarianship, background in health or life sciences
The TMC Library offers a complete benefits package which includes health, dental, life and long-term disability insurance. In additional to a comprehensive benefits package, the Library provides paid holidays, vacation accrual, an exceptional retirement plan, and a monthly transportation subsidy.
The TMC Library is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action institution, providing access to employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, political affiliation, or disability.
Salary $43,000 – $44,500
Email or fax cover letter and resume to:
To see the full job ad, please visit http://www.library.tmc.edu/departments/administration/hr/educationlibrarian.html?utm_source=Indeed&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=Indeed