Job Posting: Instruction and Outreach Librarian at MCPHS University
This is a great position for someone interested in the Boston/New Hampshire area. Manage a small branch library that is part of a University system with an innovative Information Literacy program using in-class instruction and online modules. MCPHS University provides comprehensive healthcare education and is on strong financial footing. Excellent salary and benefits.
Instruction and Outreach Librarian
Job Location US-NH-Manchester
The Instruction and Outreach Librarian is responsible for managing the library and providing subject liaison services to assigned health science programs. The Librarian will be an active participant in the Libraries’ university-wide Information Literacy Program assisting with ongoing development, and online and on-ground instruction. They will also coordinate the expansion of outreach and communication activities for the University Libraries.
* Manages Manchester Campus branch library
* Maintains course reserves collection
* Coordinates circulation services
* Oversees student employees including hiring, training and scheduling
* Provides subject liaison services (instruction, research consultations, reference and outreach) to assigned programs
* Expands and coordinates the Library’s outreach and communications activities
* Actively participates in the Library’s Information Literacy Program by assisting the development and delivery of online and on-ground scaffolded instruction
* Attends Manchester administration meetings and represent the library at Manchester events/programs
* Participates in staffing the Library’s reference services, including online chat and general research consultations
* Serves on library and university-wide committees, as assigned
* Coordinates branch library collections and processing with central technical services, based in Boston
* Regularly assesses outreach activities and make improvements based on the findings
* Master of Library and Information Science or equivalent degree
* Minimum of 2 years of experience providing subject liaison services (instruction, reference, research consultation, outreach) in an academic or health sciences library
* Experience in developing online instruction content
* Experience in programing and providing communication/outreach services
* Experience supporting health sciences programs is preferred
* Experience in supporting interprofessional education initiatives is preferred
* Some supervisory experience is preferred
* Demonstrated ability to learn about customer needs, recommend solutions to continuously improve library services, and create a community-centered library experience
* Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written skills
* Excellent time management and organizational skills needed to work independently, as well as collaborative cooperative instinct
* Experience trying to implement anti-racism, diversity and inclusion practices in library work
MCPHS offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits that includes a substantial contribution toward the cost of medical and dental insurance, generous time off benefits, and a significant pension plan contribution. To learn more about our total rewards, please visit MCPHS Total Rewards<https://www.mcphs.edu/careers-at-mcphs/our-rewards>.
Please attach a cover letter and a resume. No phone calls, please. Principals only. Finalist candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment. MCPHS University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who would enrich the University’s diversity are encouraged to apply.
MCPHS University, an innovator in health and professional education, is setting the pace in the health science fields. MCPHS has more than 7000 students across campuses in Boston’s Longwood Medical Area, downtown Worcester, MA and downtown Manchester, NH. Here, we are preparing future generations of global leaders and promoting systems to improve the health of the public. In the midst of implementing an ambitious strategic plan that will bring us to our 200th anniversary in 2023, MCPHS offers meaningful work that benefits society overall, provides competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, and fosters a sense of connectedness and collaboration among our employees. We are a fast-moving, data-driven educational institution with a strong entrepreneurial mindset.
Come join us and be a part of a diverse community that is at the forefront of advancing the healthcare landscape! To learn more about working at MCPHS University, please visit Careers at MCPHS<https://www.mcphs.edu/careers-at-mcphs/our-rewards>.
MCPHS University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply Here https://careers-mcphs.icims.com/jobs/3783/instruction-and-outreach-librarian/login or link below
Richard Kaplan, MLS
Dean of Library and Learning Resources, Director of Libraries; Associate Professor Library and Learning Resources MCPHS University
179 Longwood Avenue