Job Posting: Librarian (Medical Sciences), Dept. of Veterans Affairs, Tampa, FL
LIBRARIAN (MEDICAL SCIENCES)
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Agency contact information<https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/441388600>
1 vacancy in the following location:
* Tampa, FL
Work Schedule is Full Time – Permanent
Opened Friday 6/17/2016 (3 day(s) ago)
Closes Thursday 6/23/2016 (3 day(s) away)
* Salary Range
$59,246.00 to $77,019.00 / Per Year
* Series & Grade
* Promotion Potential
* Supervisory Status
* Who May Apply
United States Citizens
* Control Number
* Job Announcement Number
Print <https://www.usajobs.gov:443/GetJob/PrintPreview/441388600> Share <https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/441388600#modal-trigger> Save <https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/441388600>
Vacancy ID: 1724862
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln’s promise – “To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan” – by serving and honoring the men and women who are America’s Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) needs employees who possess the energy, compassion, and commitment to serve those who served our Country. Whatever the job title, every position in VA will give you a chance to make a meaningful and personal contribution to the lives of truly special and deserving people – our Veterans. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. Working for VA is one of the most emotionally satisfying and professionally rewarding ways to dedicate the best within you to your Country’s service. If you are transitioning from the military or a Veteran already, we invite you to explore the benefits of continuing your career at the VA. The VA is committed to hiring Veterans.
The VA is much more than just another employer. It is an honorable, open and welcoming community of those who care. Gratitude is our motivation and service is our mission.
The VA has adopted Core Values and Characteristics that apply universally across the Department. The five Core Values define “who we are,” our culture, and how we care for Veterans, their families and other beneficiaries. The Values are Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect and Excellence (“I CARE”).
America’s Veterans need you! To find out more, go to http://www.va.gov/jobs/.
Duty Location: James A Haley Hospital – Tampa, FL
* Provides guidance and access to information resources both inside the library and beyond the library through databases, telecommunications, networks and cooperative arrangements.
* Answers a wide range of complex and comprehensive medical and health reference questions for clinical and allied health staff, researchers, administrative personnel, and leadership in the community and utilizing a variety of reference sources and tools.
* Evaluates references in both primary and secondary sources for authoritativeness , timeliness, and pertinence to specific problem requests; utilizing all sources available, including using and evaluating sources not ordinarily considered relevant to the fields involved.
* Conducts a clinical medical library program for this highly complex medical center which has extensive affiliations.
* Informs Medical Center staff of Library circulation procedures, materials loan periods, interlibrary loan policies and procedures, use of catalogs and indexes, etc.
* Instructs and advises library users in the efficient and effective use of medical indexes, over 30 online databases, and sophisticated reference books.
* Recommends other medical and nonmedical information sources available locally and nationally, including print and electronic resources.
* Performs all duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Full-Time Employment: 7:30 am – 4:00 pm Monday – Friday
* Not Required