Job Posting: Librarian, Meritus Health, Hagerstown, MD
Summary: Coordinates library services for use by employees and physicians to enhance the quality of patient care provided.
1. Gathers information for library users to provide support for the medical care and treatment of patients. Responds to requests for information in a timely and appropriate manner.
2. Enhances and maintains the resources of the library to enable users quick access to “state of the art” materials. Updates and processes the collection of books, journals, and electronic resources as determined by identified needs, budget constraints and availability.
3. Creates and maintains updated index of library resources. Continue process of changing from card catalog to online catalog and update as materials change.
4. Provides training on accessing evidence-based resources at Meritus Health, Inc.. Assists patrons in use of card catalog or online public access catalog, electronic databases and indexes.
5. Check DOCLINE daily and fill requests from other libraries. Updates SERHOLD (holdings listed in DOCLINE) on a regular basis.
6. Oversees budget for library administration and services. Ensures all financial matters concerning the library, including all payments and budget issues are processed in a timely manner according to the guidelines and principles of the finance department.
7. Maintains physical environment of the library in a neat and orderly fashion.
8. Maintains and updates library web site on Meritus Intranet.
Education – Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited institution
Experience – Experience as a librarian in a hospital or other health care setting with duties in budget oversight, collection development, cataloging, interlibrary loan, literature searching, and other library tasks
Licensure/Certification – Certification by the Medical Library Association and Member of the Academy of Health Information Professionals preferred
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities – Knowledgeable about trends in medical information and research such as evidence-based practice, systematic reviews, copyright law, particularly as it relates to using licensed resources such as those in EBSCO or other proprietary databases. Critical thinking ability to develop meaningful search strategies and locate relevant articles while conducting literature searches and other duties. Proficient in conducting medical research through EBSCO and/or other proprietary databases. Proficient in providing services through U.S. Library of Medicine DOCLINE and Loansome Doc. High level of computer skills.
For more information or to apply, please visit http://www.meritushealth.com/employment/hospital.asp