Job posting: Medical Librarian Manager, Christiana Care Health System, Newark, DE
The Medical Librarian Manager will be responsible for administering comprehensive library services for the Medical Libraries of Christiana Care including all aspects of technical library systems, informatics, resource access, web site maintenance, and web page creation. In this role the Medical Librarian Manager supervises and evaluates one senior library assistant who provides technical services for Wilmington Hospital and Christiana Hospital libraries. Additionally, the Medical Librarian Manager is responsible for the following tasks; develops and coordinates with the library director on all policies and procedures for all libraries, manages day-to-day operation and administration of the department in the absence of the library director, and serves as a resource for Academic Affairs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Administers, manages, monitors and maintains the day-to-day operation and integrity of a variety of electronic resources and integrated library systems
* Assists Library Director in negotiation, procurement, licensing, renewal and management of electronic information resources as well as the consortial resources of the library.
* Initiates, assesses, investigates, evaluates, recommends, and guides new projects, products, services, technologies, and best practices for library use of technology and electronic resources.
* Provides oversight and long-range planning for library application software and systems.
* Maintains, revises Libraries’ policy and procedure manual. Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of library policies related to collection development and electronic resources
* Manages the document delivery and interlibrary loan (ILL) services for Wilmington Hospital and prepares budget, billing and invoices for ILL
* Creates, prepares, analyzes, and maintains a variety of records and reports on library systems activities, processes and service issues. Provides interim and annual operational reports, including statistics on use of library resources and services as requested by the Director, Medical Libraries.
* Completes special projects and prepares reports as identified jointly with the Director of Libraries.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* Master of Library Science or Information Science and six years’ demonstrated experience including technology analysis, project planning, implementation, troubleshooting, supervision, training, and documentation
* Up-to-date knowledge of computer, telecommunication, integrated library systems, and other information technology tools required
* Knowledge of system design, development and documentation methods and techniques
* Knowledge of computer hardware and software configuration, maintenance and problem resolution
* Knowledge of systems administration, analysis and project management techniques
* Knowledge of open source software required
Work Shift Day shift, No Rotation
Position Type Management
Job Requisition #: 35954BR
About Us Christiana Care Health System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer whose staff is representative of its community, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Medical, Telecom, Telecommunications, Manager, Procurement, Healthcare, Technology, Management, Operations