MAC Volunteer Opportunities
Each year the MAC Annual Meeting allows us an opportunity to reflect and connect and many of us will meet in beautiful Asheville, NC this October. The work of the Chapter continues year round, which allows us to continually strive to be a dynamic and exciting organization, and we couldn’t do it without the dedication and spirit of the volunteers that serve MAC.
Please consider applying for one or more committees. Volunteering provides many occasions to connect with your colleagues, develop leadership skills and experiences and can propel you toward meeting some of your personal and professional goals. Here is a list of committees for your consideration:
- Annual Meeting Planning Committee – Plans for the annual meeting content, schedule, continuing education classes, exhibits, publicity, registration, and hospitality.
- Communications Committee – Coordinates MAC communication through the MAC Messages blog, listserv, and MAC website.
- Honors and Awards Committee – Recognizes and rewards professional activities of MAC members.
- Membership and Recruitment Committee – Conducts an annual membership drive, maintains and publishes a brochure for recruitment purposes in conjunction with the Publications Committee, coordinates the MAC Scholarship Award and MAC Student Vision Program.
- Nominating Committee – Under the leadership of the Immediate past MAC Chair, this Committee prepares an annual slate of nominees for each office to be filled and prepares and distributes the email ballots to MAC members eligible to vote.
- Professional Development Committee – Coordinates the Chapter’s efforts in continuing education and provides information and guidance to groups and individuals on matters relating to professional development. Coordinates the CE at the annual MAC meeting.
- Research and Assessment Committee – This Committee explores ways to promote interest in and recognize research activities by MAC members, and fosters the development of research-related skills. The committee also reviews applicants and awards the Research and Assessment Committee grant.
To apply for a committee, please complete this survey by Friday, October 9th: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3FQXYQ8
Applicants will be reviewed by the incoming 2015-2016 committee chairs who will make recommendations for service to me.
MAC 2014-2015 Chair-Elect/2015-2016 Chair