MLA April 7 Webinar: Stop worrying about how to avoid predatory journals!
MLA April Webinars
- Help Authors Find the Best Journal for Their Manuscript
- Shalu Gillum, AHIP, Terri Gotschall, AHIP
- Wednesday, April 7, 2021, 1:00 p.m.-2:30 p.m., central time
- Stop worrying about how to avoid predatory journals! Instead, learn the skills to help library users find and evaluate the best journal for their manuscript. In this webinar, you’ll learn how to assist users in identifying their publication goals and in identifying and evaluating journals that meet their goals.
- If you are a scholarly communications librarian, this webinar will help you become a better one. If your library doesn’t have a scholarly communications librarian, this webinar will give you the skills to become one “de facto”!
- Learn more about and register for Help Authors Find the Best Journal for Their Manuscript
- The Fundamentals of Library Program and Service Evaluation
- Shanda Hunt
- Wednesday, April 27, 2021, 1:00 p.m.-2:30 p.m., central time
- Don’t launch a new program or service without a plan! An evaluation plan, that is. In this webinar, you’ll learn a step-by-step process for selecting an evaluation type, focusing a research question, planning an evaluation, collecting data, and writing a report. And you’ll understand the importance of knowing how you’ll determine the effectiveness of initiatives before you launch them.
- Learn more about and register for Fundamentals of Library Program and Service Evaluation
Coming in May
- Join us for MLA ’21!
- MLA’s premier event draws more than 1,500 participants including medical librarians and other health information professionals, international attendees, and exhibitors. MLA ’21 offers a variety of opportunities for attending educational sessions, seeing the latest products from exhibitors, and interacting with colleagues.
Coming in June
- Tell Your Research Story: Visualization, Design, and Messaging
- Shanda Hunt
- June 8, 2021, 1:00 p.m.-2:30 p.m., central time
- Learn how to teach data visualization and how to apply design principles and targeted messaging in your professional activities.
These webinars are part of the MLA CE Passport. The CE Passport offers access to all live and recorded webinars and all self-paced courses through December 31, 2021.
Institutional and other members can purchase a site license for any MLA webinar or webinar package.