New Funding Opportunity from SE/A
From Janice Kelly:
The NN/LM SE/A is introducing a new funding opportunity for community day activities. Community Day is part of the nationwide effort encouraging Americans to take simple steps to prepare for emergencies in their homes, businesses, schools and communities. The U.S. Department of Homeland Security through its “Ready America” (http://www.ready.gov) campaign highlights the importance of emergency preparedness and promotes individual involvement through events and activities across the country.
The objectives of the SE/A Community Day award are to:
1. Encourage, strengthen and/or expand library partnerships with first responders and community emergency management personnel.
2. Provide access to emergency management information tools and resources for families or other target populations.
3. Integrate and involve libraries in emergency preparedness, response and recovery planning.
4. Promote and publicize the role libraries, faith or community organizations or American Indian Tribes can play in emergency preparedness.
5. Strengthen and expand medical library partnerships with public libraries, faith or community groups or American Indian Tribes.
The SE/A award targets partnerships with or applications from public libraries, American Indian Tribes or faith organizations. For more information about the award see: http://nnlm.gov/sea/funding/expresscommunityday.html. Applications are due by August 30, 2009 for events after October 1, 2009.
For questions, please contact the SE/A office.
Janice E. Kelly
NN/LM Southeastern/Atlantic Region
University of Maryland HS/HSL
601 West Lombard Street
Baltimore, MD 21201 – 1512
T: 800 – 338-7657 (in region only)