NNLM Funding – never too early to start planning!
We are the National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NNLM), a collaborative group of libraries and other organizations dedicated to improving the health literacy of our communities through promotion of reliable health information resources and instruction on how to use them. We serve everyone from all spectrums of the health care transaction – from health professionals to patients. Membership and all services are FREE!
NNLM is one of the outreach arms of the National Library of Medicine (NLM) and is divided into 8 regions across the country. We are the Southeastern/Atlantic region and we serve these states and territories:
Alabama, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, the US Virgin Islands, Virginia and West Virginia[If you’re from another state, find your regional contacts here.]
Complete our New Member Application and join us in the fight against health disparities. As part of your free membership, you can:
- Apply for any of our grant funding awards when they are available (announced in February!) to attend a conference, bring in a speaker, host a health fair, conduct health information outreach in your community and much more!
- Attend free classes* on a variety of health information topics and resources.
*Our free CE classes support the Medical Library Association’s Consumer Health Information Specialization (CHIS) program and we pay the MLA fee for our members!
- Reserve an NLM Traveling Exhibit to engage your community and/or complement your programming. Themes from The History of Medicine to the Potions of Harry Potter to Medical Careers to Frankenstein and Forensic Medicine are a few possibilities! (Use our funding to pay shipping fees!)
- Host a Reading Club – the NNLM Reading Club is a selection of “ready to use” book titles, provided with free and downloadable materials, designed to help you support the health information needs in your community.
- Keep up on regional and NLM news and updates, including funding announcements from NNLM and NLM and keep informed as a subscriber to SEA Currents, the NNLM SEA blog. You can even contribute to the blog – Just let me know if you’re interested!
- Network with other members to form partnerships, share expertise or just enjoy connecting with colleagues!
We’d love to welcome you to the network – Please reach out and let me know how we can be of assistance to you and your community.
Join us! New Member Application
Nancy Patterson, MLS
Network Engagement Coordinator
NNLM, Southeastern/Atlantic Region
University of Maryland, Baltimore
Health Sciences & Human Services Library
601 West Lombard Street
Baltimore MD 21201
Direct Line: (410) 706-2858