Reminder: Clarivate Analytics/MLA Doctoral Fellowship
The Medical Library Association (MLA) is now accepting applications for the Clarivate Analytics/MLA Doctoral Fellowship.
Clarivate Analytics sponsors a fellowship to foster and encourage superior students to conduct doctoral work in an area of health sciences librarianship or information sciences and to provide support to individuals who have been admitted to candidacy. The award supports research or travel applicable to the candidate’s study within a twelve-month period. The award may not be used for tuition. The application form and more information about the fellowship, including more detail about application components, can be accessed under Grants, Scholarships, and Fellowships at: https://www.mlanet.org/p/cm/ld/fid=47#mid<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.mlanet.org_p_cm_ld_fid-3D47-23mid&d=DwMFaQ&c=EZxp_D7cDnouwj5YEFHgXuSKoUq2zVQZ_7Fw9yfotck&r=q9BRBgHtW_8Zg5237_VOWg&m=rZV6IBW91k90-RqQMZlWuueKlwCimptx2TDgOVx6DDo&s=pLh1hjG8m99aAo7f4fW5oRd9luBbGreLHEscJzoPcOU&e=>
Applications are due by December 1, 2019 by 11:59 pm (CDT) and must include the following components:
* Completed application, including signed statement of terms and conditions.
* Transcripts of graduate work submitted directly from the institution to MLA or proof of enrollment in the graduate program and a list of courses completed.
* Name and contact information of doctoral advisor.
* Updated MLA profile.
* Two letters of reference, submitted by the reference directly to MLA (email@example.com<http://firstname.lastname@example.org/>), one from applicant’s advisor. References must include the following information:
* Applicant’s name, position/status, institution, and project summary.
* Reference name, position, institution, and location.
* How long and in what capacity the reference has known the applicant?
* Would reference like their comments held in confidence?
* An assessment of:
* the professional merits of the applicant’s proposal, especially its significance and feasibility;
* the depth of applicant’s knowledge in the professional area of the proposal;
* the applicant’s research competence; and
* the applicant’s personal traits, including the ability to work with colleague.
The Clarivate Analytics/MLA Doctoral Fellowship Committee: Janice Swiatek, Chair, Emily Jones, AHIP, Carol Seiler, Carolyn Ching Dennison, AHIP, Christina M. Seeger, AHIP, and Natalie Tagge.