STEM and Health Sciences Librarian – Gumberg Library
The Gumberg Library at Duquesne University seeks a dynamic and innovative STEM and Health Sciences Librarian to be a member of our team providing research and educational support to STEM and health sciences students and faculty. The successful candidate will actively collaborate with library and school faculty to develop and maintain library services that contribute to the university’s research and teaching missions.
- Serve as the primary liaison to the Schools of Natural & Environmental Sciences and Health Sciences and provide support for the Schools of Nursing and Pharmacy as well as other university STEM and health sciences programs as needed.
- Work collaboratively with school and library faculty to integrate the library into STEM and health sciences curricular and research programs, including marketing library resources and services, providing instruction, assessing needs, and developing new workshops or classes that meet the needs of scientists and health professionals.
- Provide specialized library support for researchers in the STEM and health sciences fields including collaborating on research projects, providing in-depth consultations, and performing mediated database searching.
- Create complex advanced literature searches to support systematic reviews, other advanced reviews, and comprehensive literature searches.
- Teach required interprofessional research skills course (UCOR 103) for health sciences students. Participate in curricular design of online and traditional versions of UCOR 103, including developing learning objects, assignments, and other course materials.
- Assist faculty in selecting materials for the collection, review library holdings in assigned STEM and health sciences fields, and contribute to accreditation reports.
- Provide general research assistance through multiple modalities in accordance with the library’s mission and user service guidelines.
This is a twelve-month, non-tenure track library faculty position. Faculty librarians must meet criteria for promotion at the level of Associate Librarian within three years of appointment through librarianship, scholarship, service, and support of Duquesne’s mission. Initial rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Duquesne University is committed to attracting, retaining and developing a diverse faculty that reflects contemporary society, serves our academic mission and enriches our campus community.
For the complete job description and application instructions visit: http://apply.interfolio.com/53144. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.