Want to get involved with MLA? Great opportunities available!
For those of you new to MLA, and want a great way to share your talents, meet new colleagues and build upon your CV, please consider working in the Technical Services Caucus as an officer.
Our Technical Services Caucus is looking to fill two open leadership positions this year:
• TSC Chair-Elect
• TSC Nominee to the MLA Nominating Committee
The term is for one year, June 2020 to May 2021.
There are a lot of personal and professional benefits to serving as a TSC officer:
* Share what you already know with others.
* Earn Academy of Health Information Professionals (AHIP) points.
* 12 points for being Chair
* Gain professional experience that you can leverage for advancing in your career or negotiating for better benefits in your current position.
* Build connections both within the section and in MLA as a whole.
* Influence decisions and shape the section’s activities.
* Learn more about the inner workings of MLA.
* Gain the satisfaction of challenging yourself.
* Receive thanks and gratitude for your willingness to take on these responsibilities.
* Have fun! You will have many opportunities to network with new colleagues.
If you are interested in running, please let me know asap, as our deadline is January 31st.
Just complete the attached Biographical Data form, and return it to me at: email@example.com.
Not sure? Feel free to contact me directly–we need two candidates for the upcoming year and would love to have new faces and new ideas.
Thank you for considering!
Joanne V. Romano, TSC Nominating Committee Chair
Head of Resource Management
Texas Medical Center Library
1133 John Freeman Blvd.
Houston, TX 77030