Job Posting: Opportunity at the NIH Library: Data Services Informationist
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) Library is pleased to announce an exciting employment opportunity for an exceptional candidate to serve as an informationist and lead the Library’s data services program. If you have experience providing information and data services in a biomedical library setting and want to play a significant role in a dynamic organization, then consider joining the NIH Library team. This is a GS-11/12/13, Technical Information Specialist position. For more information, visit https://www.nihlibrary.nih.gov/services/data.
We expect to announce this vacancy on USAJOBS.gov on May 28, 2019, and the application will be open for 10 calendar days. The application period reflects the NIH’s effort to hire talented people quickly. You may preview the draft announcements now at https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/534055900/ and https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/534056100/ but you will not be able to apply until May 28th.
We encourage you to create or update your USAJOBS.gov account and profile now so you will be ready to apply when this job is announced. As part of the application process, it may be necessary to upload copies of degree transcripts. We also encourage you to set up email notifications for job announcements. Please visit the USAJOBS.gov Help Center at https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/faq/ for more information.
Thank you for helping spread the word to others who may be interested.
Major responsibilities of the position are as follows.
- Serves as lead and subject matter expert for the Library’s data services program
- Assesses NIH researchers’ training needs in the areas of data management, data visualization, data analysis, and R and Python programming
- Develops and delivers graduate-level training to meet identified needs
- Provides one-on-one advice and consultations in the areas of data science
- Assists NIH researchers in using the NIH Library’s data sciences workstation, which offers a suite of tools for data analysis, processing, and visualization for a variety of different types of data
- Consults and collaborates with NIH staff to aid them in locating, accessing, identifying, and managing information
- Performs outreach across NIH and HHS to understand users’ information needs and markets library services and resources that meet those needs
Contact Margaret McGhee at firstname.lastname@example.org or (301) 451-9335 for more information.