MLA August Webinars: Reproducible Searches and Reusable Data
MLA August Webinars
- What’s Needed to Make a Literature Search Reproducible? An Introduction to PRISMA-S
- August 10, 1:00 p.m.-2:30 p.m., central time
- Melissa Rethlefsen, AHIP, Jonathan Koffel
- If you are a health information professional who works on systematic reviews or other evidence syntheses, this webinar is for you. Melissa Rethlefsen and Jonathan Koffel, two co-authors of PRISMA-S, will show you how to ensure that every component of your evidence synthesis search is completely and accurately reported and your search is reproducible. This marketable skill can lead to increased opportunities for collaboration, greater recognition in your organization, and publication credit.
- PRISMA-S was released in its final form in January 2021. It immediately became the standard that all health sciences librarians who work on systematic reviews and other evidence synthesis should know and understand.
- Learn more about and Register for What’s Needed to Make a Literature Search Reproducible? An Introduction to PRISMA-S
- Using Common Data Elements to Enhance Research Data
- August 26, 1:00 p.m.-2:30 p.m., central time
- Lisa Federer, AHIP
- Learn how to Increase your value as a data librarian, improve the quality of research, and advance science. . . in one webinar.
- Common Data Elements (CDEs) are easy, practical, and useful ways to enhance research quality, standardize data, and facilitate data sharing and reuse. In this webinar, you’ll learn why CDEs are important and how you can help researchers adopt them. CDEs have been around for over a decade, but the COVID-19 pandemic has helped researchers and the NIH appreciate just how valuable they are. Now is the time to add CDEs to your data services toolkit.
- Learn More about and Register for Using Common Data Elements to Enhance Research Data
Coming in September
- Systematic Reviews for Beginners: How Librarian Participation Creates Better Evidence
- September 14, 2021, 1:00 p.m.-2:30 p.m., central time
- Allison McArthur
- Working with Research Partners to Coordinate Domain-Specific Data Services
- September 30, 2021, 1:00 p.m.-2:30 p.m., central time
- Julie Goldman
These webinars are part of the MLA CE Passport. The CE Passport offers access to all live and recorded webinars and all self-paced courses through December 31, 2021. October 31, 2021 is the last day to purchase a passport for 2021.
Institutional and other members can purchase a site license for any MLA webinar or webinar package